How to Give Life to Your Old Dead Content.
- Recent events or hot topics
- Regularly recurring events
- Frequent updates.
Is the Upgradation of Old Content Essential for Bloggers?It is true, Old is Gold! Older content performs better. Then, why should you update the old content? Read the following lines carefully:
- Identify the pages
- Improve the identified pages
- Republish the revamped pages.
Benefits of Updating/Refreshing Old Content
1. Increase the Click-Through Rate (CTR)You might be wondering to know that the click-through rate of an article increases if you update it. Click-through rate means the percentage of total clicks on total impressions.
2. Decrease the Bounce Rate
3. Increase Audience Engagement
4. Boost On-Page SEO and Rankings on Google
5. Quick Value Addition.
6. Reach out to New Audience
Which Page/Article Should I Update?
- the ranking,
- the traffic, and
- the CTR.
|Content analysis with Google Search Console|
Why and when should you Update the best-performing Blog Posts?
Methods of Updating/Refreshing Content
1. Blog post Title (Headline)
- the headline/title isn't appealing as your competitors,
- you forgot to include your target keyword in the title at the time of original posting,
- the title of the post is not reflecting your article,
- the title is too short/long,
- the overall score of the title is below 50 as per the Title Generator tool.
2. Meta Description
The meta description is the HTML tag that summarizes the content of your webpage. Google often uses the snippets to inform the users what the content is about. It helps the users to decide if they click to URL.
According to Search Engine Land, ''The meta description tag won’t help you rank, but it will often appear as the text snippet below your listing, so it should include the relevant keyword(s) and be written to encourage searchers to click on your listing''.
So, an opportunity to improve the CTR with the improvement of meta description is there. Make sure that the important keywords are included.
3. Insert/Optimize Images
- A website containing images has nearly 47% higher CTR than ordinary sites.
- Infographics generate 12% more traffic and 200% more share than posts without an image.
- Content with relevant images acquires 94% more views than content without relevant images.
5. Links Profile
6. Latest Statistics
8. Page Speed
10. Provide Dates:
- Bonus TIP: Promote the updated version of your article on social media.