How Content Marketing Can Make You A Blogging Hero.
Content marketing is the strategic process of creating, publishing, and promoting content to reach the target audience. This strategy involves the selection of one or multiple channels to distribute content.
|Effective Content Marketing Strategy can make you a blogging hero.|
Blogging refers to creating and incorporating different forms of content and publishing them on your blog/website. The type of content you create and publish is related to the kind of business you do.
Through blog posts, you’re educating the audience so that they know about you, your brand, products, or services.
When we talk about blogging, It may contain several forms of content; text, image, video, audio, and more.
Blogging solely can't always fulfill the need of your audience. So when we talk about commercial blogging, it should contain SEO-optimized blog posts and a content marketing strategy.
A common question arises if a blogger is also a content marketer. Not always.
Although most people use the terms interchangeably, blogging and content marketing are not the same.
So what are the differences? Wait, Techazu is here to show you the differences.
In this article, you'll learn the differences between blogging and content marketing, along with the basic concepts and the importance.
You're waiting to learn how to become a blogging hero through content marketing that I know.
Before dive into the deep, you should learn the basics of content marketing.
Let me start with the definitions.
What is Content Marketing?
- According to CMI (Content Marketing Institute), ''Content marketing is “a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience - and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.''
- According to Coppyblogger, “Content Marketing means creating and sharing valuable free content to attract and convert prospects into customers, and customers into repeat buyers .''
- Hubspot defines it as 'Content marketing is the process of planning, creating, distributing, sharing, and publishing content to reach your target audience''.
Differences between Blogging and Content Marketing
- planning, designing, and launching blogs
- segmentation of the targeted audience, and market
- selecting a niche, creating various forms of content
- choosing different platforms to distribute content
- measuring different metrics,
- monitoring their performances.
The differences between blogging and content marketing can be observed in the following areas:
- Interset-In content marketing, the interest of the audience instead of self-interest is emphasized. In blogging, one may create content as per self-interest.
- Keyword Research- Content marketing starts with keyword research, which may not be essential for some kinds of blogging.
- Off-page SEO - This may not be necessary for every type of blogging. But in content marketing, Off-page SEO is crucial, such as guest posting and blog comments to bring traffic to your blog.
- CTA- Call To Action (CTA) is crucial for content marketing. But in blogging, CTA is not so important.
- Conversion & Retaining- Converting a prospect into customers is not the role of blogging. Content marketing plays a significant role in lead generation, converting, and retention of customers.
- Repurposing: When you talk about repurposing blog posts, it is to achieve your content marketing goals.
Types of content marketing
- Blog posts
- Social Media marketing
- Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
Why content marketing is important?
- Brand Awareness
- Build Long term Relationship
- Build Trust
- Social Engagement
- Increase Referral Traffic
- Improve Conversions
Among the top organizational goals for B2B Content Marketing, 57% is Website Traffic (63% success).
Other Goals include-
How to become a blogging hero with content marketing?
- Top Content Marketer
- Most Mentioned Marketer
- Top International Marketing Blog
- Recognized as a Business Thought Leader
- Master of Slideshare.
Effective Content Marketing Strategy
1. Set your Business Goals
2. Understand your audience
3. Create content
4. Choose the right channels
- Social Media
- Email marketing
- Video Marketing
- Image Marketing
5. Measure the effectivenessIt is essential to measure the accomplishment of your content marketing strategy. Measure the performance with the help of pre-defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Which pieces of content are performing well
- What are the keywords your audience used while searching
- Click-Through Rate (CTR)
- Conversion rate
- Bounce Rate
- Source of traffic
- Device used