How to Adapt With New SEO Trends 2021
SEO is continually evolving with the frequent changes of search engine algorithm. So, you need to refine your strategy to adapt to the trending factors.
Seo trend in 2020 and the trend of 2019 was not the same. Don't expect the trend will remain the same in 2021 and the subsequent years. So, you need to adjust your SEO strategy for optimizing with the latest trending search factors.
As a blogger and content marketer, uncovering the latest SEO trend and modifying the digital marketing strategies would be the best strategy. The history of Kodak Camera taught us, ''either adapt or die''.
To rank higher on SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages), it is essential to get immense organic traffic to your blog. Search Engine Optimization is one of the powerful ways to rank higher.
You know that Google dominates the Search Engine Markets. That's why when we talk about search engines, the name of Google comes in the first place.
As of July 2019, Google holds a 92.18% market share, with 3.5 billion searches each day. If you convert the search queries per second, it will come around 40000.
The days of ranking by loading or stuffing the keywords across an article are long gone.
So, understand the new trends of essential SEO factors in 2021 and modify the strategy accordingly.
A lot more SEO factors are to be considered in the days to come. This article will help to discover the smartest way to finding the latest trending SEO elements.
Here is the list of upcoming essential SEO factors that are likely to trend.
- Long-Form Content
- Voice Search
- Audio Visual Effect
- Page Loading Speed
- Long-tail keywords and semantically related keywords
- FAQ page
- Local Listing.
1.Create Long-Form Content Consistently to get Ranking Benefits in 2021
What is long-form content?
How to Create Long-Form Articles?
As a modern blogger, you should know the simple techniques of doing small things to make a big difference.
Creating a long article doesn't mean writing a novel. Not at all!
If you follow some tips that I am providing here, you'll become the super expert of writing long-tail blog posts.
Unbeatable Tips on Creating a long article
- Create a content brief
- Increase H2 and H3 headings
- Explain the subheadings and sub-sub headings with illustrations
- Insert relevant pictures and screenshots
- Use relevant statistics
- Insert relevant links and explain the purpose of linking.
2. Focus on E-A-T to Improve Search Ranks
Is E-A-T a ranking factor?
Tips on improving E-A-T
- The purpose of creating every piece of content/page must be accomplished to benefit the user.
- Link to renowned websites and obtain backlinks from authoritative sites
- Enrich your articles with statistics, facts, and evidence with proper citations
- Keep your content evergreen via content updating.
Read Search Quality Rating Guidelines, a 164 pages pdf documents published by Google.
3. Voice Search will Impact SEO
What about the accuracy of Google's voice recognition?
- Have you heard about Siri, Echo, Alexa, and Cortana? These all are voice-based smart speakers. People use them for voice searches on different platforms.
- The use of smart devices like smart Tv, home appliances, and smartphones are rising at a faster rate. The growing trends of voice assistance are remarkable in the US.
- The global smart speaker market surpasses $30 billion by 2024. Smart speakers will soon be among the top-selling consumer electronic products.
- 75% of smart speakers search for local businesses at least once a week, and 53% search every day.
- People use smart voice speakers in the bedrooms, kitchens, even in the toilets. No, No! This is not a joke.
- 52% of people use search assistance while driving, and 2.3% of people already started using Google search by voice search in their Bathroom. Amazon and Google account for 94% of the smart speakers use.
- 15.8 billion people will use smart speakers by 2023, going to hit $35.5 billion by 2025, more than double in just 2 years.
- Wordstream found-
- 52% of people keep their voice speaker in the living room, 25% in the bedrooms, and 22% in their kitchens.
- 72 % of the owners of voice speakers use the devices as part of their daily routine.
- The estimated number of voice assistant users in the US in 2020 was 128 million, which is more than 11% from the previous year (115.2 million in 2019). This is 38.5% of the US population and 44.2% of the total internet users.
- According to their forecasts, the figure may reach 135.6 million (40.2% of the US population) in 2022.
- 51% of online shoppers in the US use voice assistants to help them research products.
- 27% of the internet user is performing voice search on mobile.
- 20% of total mobile searches (google app plus android) comes from voice search.
- Google voice search on mobile supports 100+ languages.
How to search by voice on the desktop?
What they search for using Voice Search?
- asking fun questions 53%
- online searching 47%
- queries related to news 46%
- queries on research 35%
- asking for directions 34%
- using voice to make a call 31%
- for shopping/ordering products/services 30%
- for food delivery/takeout 17%
- for flight/hotel search 16%.
Which words or phrases they use most while voice search?
How to Optimize Voice Search for SEO?
- Page speed/ page load time (4.6 seconds)
- HTTPS website (security)
- Short and concise answer within 29 words
- Long-form content (average 2312 words)
- Easy to read content (9th Grade Level)
- Domain Authority
- Sharable content-social sharing
- Featured snippet (40.7% of voice search results came from featured snippets)
What are Featured Snippets?
Where do these featured snippets come from?
What are the Benefits of Obtaining Featured Snippets?
- You've learned that featured snippets can improve Voice Search Optimization.
- If you obtain featured snippets, the probability of rank on the first page of Google is 99.58%
- Featured snippets boost CTR, Organic traffic(up to 30%), and revenue from organic traffic(677%).
How to get a featured snippet?
4. Create Visual Content or incorporate visuals into your text to get more Traffic
|'Me at the zoo'', The first video uploaded on youtube by Jawed Karim- |
You can't miss grabbing the opportunity to reach an insane amount of audience.
5. Speed Optimization is Super Essential (Core Web Vital)The users want to get the answers to their queries fast.
6. Research on Long-Tail Keywords and LSI keywords- Use Wisely
Are keywords still relevant to SEO in 2021?
Keywords are now a controversial topic among bloggers. Some say it's no longer relevant others say it's still essential.
After the 2020 core update of Google, many started saying that "the game of keywords is over" meaning, it has lost its importance in SEO. Wrong, Wrong, and again Wrong!
The truth is, keywords are still relevant for SEO. The method of using keywords is not as simple as before. So, the adjustment in the strategy is essential.
The keyword is still relevant today. But the method of use and placement of keywords from now onward should be different. I've published an article on keyword research to guide you.
A decade ago, SEO was meant for keyword maximization but not now. Today, it means content optimization with 100% user satisfaction. So you should create content to satisfy your audience and optimize it to help the search engines.
What are Long Tail Keywords?
|Blogging success with long-tail keywords|
Long-tail keywords are the search terms longer than 2 words with low volume. The aim of this article is to guide the new blogger on how to play with them. Every professional blogger starts content writing with keyword research.
Consider the following search phrases to understand better-
- Indian Bloggers
- Indian Female Bloggers
- Indian Top Female Bloggers
- Indian Top Female Bloggers Under 30.
So, long-tail keywords are longer than 2 words, more specific, lower search volumes, lower competition but a higher conversion rate.
Semantically related keywords (LSI)
Where should I get semantically related keywords?
Why long-tail keywords are important for new bloggers?
- It helps to the optimization of voice search. The users speak more than type as it is convenient.
- Competition is low that increases the further chance of higher ranking.
- Rank higher with long-tail is easy as completion is lower for a long-tail than a single-word keyword.
- Describing to multiple long-tail keywords automatically turns your article into a log-form.
- As the search queries are specific, users likely to click on the URL.
How to find tons of long-tail keywords?
7. Create FAQ Page to Rank Higher
Why FAQ is essential for SEO?
- increases further useful information
- increases the length of content
- covers the optimization voice search queries
- Increases the probability of getting featured snippets
- more space to insert the long tail-key words.
How to create FAQ-style content?
8. Local Listing may Impact Page Ranking
- 97% of consumers search online for a local business meaning, you are missing them if not listed
- 46% of all Google searches are related to local information
- 67% of consumers prefer businesses that customize their ads and content to their location
- 78% of mobile searches for local businesses result in an offline purchase.
- 76% of people, after conducting a mobile-based local search visit a business within 24 hours.
- The has been a 900% growth of search phrases ''near me tonight/today'' just in 2 years.
- 88% of customers prefer online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- 28% of mobile-based local searches result in the same-day purchase.