How to Use Schema Markup to Get Rich Results.Most of the new bloggers are not familiar with Schema markup and rich results. Implementing this markup has a massive impact on the visibility of your content on search pages.
You've learned hundreds of SEO elements in the beginner's SEO guide. I'll teach you through this article the easy way to get your pages eligible for rich results by adding schema markup.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) helps users find your content easily out of tons of content available on the web. SEO is an essential task for webmasters to help Google know the content.
You should consider schema markup as a part of your SEO strategy. It helps search engines understand your content better by using structured data. Google use structured data to know the meaning and context of your web pages.
Schema markup helps Google display better results known as rich results on the search page. So, Google loves structured data.
Structured data helps increase CTR and boost organic traffic. Unfortunately, very few bloggers know about it. Although crucial, it is one of the most neglected areas of SEO.
Why most of the new bloggers neglect or overlook schema markup? There are two possible reasons- 1) they don't understand the benefits of it, and 2) they don't know how to add schema on their web pages.
My goal is to make you a Schema Expert through this step by step easy guide. Using schema markup, you can get your pages eligible for rich results.
If you haven't ever tested the ''rich result'' of your pages, this is the right time to do that. But, before going to the test, you should understand the concept and benefits of schema markup.
Table of Content
- What is Schema Markup and Why it is so Important?
- Different Formats of Structured data
- Five Incredible Benefits Of Schema Markup
- Is Schema Markup a Ranking Factor?
- How to get Schema Markup Code
- Rich Results Test
- Final Thoughts
Approx Words Count:2100 +
What is Schema Markup and Why it is so Important?
- Local businesses
- And more.
Different Formats of Structured data
- RDFa- Resource Descriptive Framework in Attributes Format
- Microdata Format
- JSNL-LD Format
- Resource Descriptive Framework in Attributes or RDFa
- Microdata Format
- JSON-LD Format
Five Incredible Benefits Of Schema Markup
1. Provides additional information to Google
2. Helps Obtain Rich Results
3. Schema markup Increases CTR and Traffic
4. Schema markup improve Voice Search optimization
5. Connected Schema markup can build a Knowledge Graph
Is Schema Markup a Ranking Factor?
- The structured data is potentially misleading or not representing the main content.
- The structured data is incorrect or inappropriate.
- The content doesn't meet the structured data guidelines.
- A hidden content referred to by the structured data.
These are the general guidelines that apply to all structured data. These guidelines must be followed to enable structured data to be eligible for inclusion in Google Search results. Pages or sites that violate these content guidelines may receive less favorable ranking or be marked as ineligible for rich results in Google Search in order to maintain a high-quality search experience for our users.
How to get Schema Markup Code
Option#1. Google Structured Data Markup Helper
Step#1. Make the tool ready for creating correct data markup
- There are 2 tabs on the top-website and email. You'll find website tab is active by default.
- On the lower part, there are also 2 tabs- URL and HTML. Here, you'll see the URL tab is active by defaults.
- In the middle, there are 12 data types. Select the appropriate one. Paste the URL of your page just below the URL tab, as shown below.
Step#2. Data Input-Output (JSON-LD)
Option#2. MERKLE Schema Markup Generator (JSON-LD)
Rich Results Test
Check here if your page supports Rich Results after adding the schema markup.
|Google's Rich Results Test.|