Latest Youtube Facts With Exciting Fresh Statistics.
Youtube, the USA-based video sharing platform, was established in February 2005. This video hosting Platform was created by three Ex-PayPal employees-Chad Hurley, Jawed Karim, and Steve Chen. Google took over the platform in November 2006.
This 16 years old video hosting platform is still now the subsidiary of Google. As of mid-2019, uploaded videos on YT every minute was 500 hours, and over 1 billion hours of content are viewed each day.
Do you know at what price Google bought YouTube in 2006?
It was $1.65 billion, yes, it was in the US Doller. A great deal at that time!
I don't know about its present market value. If you know, help me to help you. Please share it through blog commenting.
What is the first uploaded video on YouTube?
On 23rd April 2005, Jawed Karem, one of the co-founders, uploaded the first video on YouTube titled ''Me at the Zoo''.
It's a short video of 18 seconds created at San Diego Zoo and is still available on YouTube.
The video received over 1.73 million subscribers and 155 million views with 11 million comments and 7 million likes.
An ordinary video with extra-ordinary power has got millions of viewers and subscribers. This video is not only to watch. Instead, to learn how a short video has introduced YouTube to billions of people in the World.
How this billion dollars idea came to the minds of the founders of YouTube?
Hurley and Chen said that the idea for a video platform came from a video version of an online dating service and had been influenced by the rating website ''Hot or Not''.
According to Jawed Karim, the inspiration for YouTube came from two incidences. First, from Janet Jackson's role in the 2004 Super Bowl incident when her breast was exposed during her performance. Later, from the Indian Ocean tsunami in that year.
Read more about Jawed Karim and the fellow co-founders of YouTube on Thequint.
|Jawed Karim, The man behind the first video of YouTube. Image Source-The Quint|
''Once an outdated and congested lobby is now the lively and welcoming entrance to YouTube, a space that matches the innovative and creative spirit of the technology company's San Bruno headquarters''.
Furthermore, Youtube has a production space in Los Angeles available for free use if the subscriber to your channel is 10000 or more.
What you can do with YouTube
- 1000 subscribers and
- 4000 hours.
- Beauty and Fashion
- Inspiration and Motivation
- Science and Technology
Techazu was established to help Bloggers and Vloggers (Video Bloggers)-I've announced it on the day of its launch. This site is the ultimate technical and marketing solution for bloggers and Vloggers, especially YouTubers.
When it comes to video blogs, you should think of YouTube because of its popularity worldwide. Now YouTube is the World's most popular video platform. It is the second most search engine and also the second most visited website after Google.
|YouTube logo since 2017. Image Source- Wikipedia|
The surprising facts and latest statistics of YouTube that I'm going to expose here will help you build a compelling content marketing strategy for 2021.
YouTube Facts and Statistics
Here are the astonishing facts and statistics including the latest, exciting, and fresh data.
- General Information and Funny facts
- Youtube History-Facts and Statistics
- Views and Viewers including Demographics
- Earnings and Payout Statistics
- Vlogging Statistics
- Highlights of YouTube's recent updates
- Youtube Shorts-Facts & Stats
- YouTube's Priorities in 2021
- The Most Popular YouTube Channels as of January 2021
- Ten Most Viewed Videos as of February 2021
1. General Information and Funny facts
- YouTube is the World's most popular Video Platform today.
- It is the second most used social platform, next to Facebook.
- It is also the second most used Search Engine next to Google.
- Youtube is not the first video-sharing site as Vimeo was launched in November 2004.
- Millennials prefer YouTube over traditional television.
- YouTube predicted that half of the viewers under 32 will not subscribe to paid TV by 2025
- Based on a 2013 study, 60% of the 1,000 most viewed YouTube videos are banned in Germany.
|Screenshot of Today|
2. Youtube History-Facts and Statistics
- The Domain www. youtube.com was activated on 14th February 2005, known as the launching day of Youtube.
- Jawed Karim Uploaded the First Video ''Me At Zoo'' on 23rd April 2005 at the San Diego Zoo.
- Google announced that it had acquired YouTube for $1.65 billion in Google stock.
- The acquisition deal was finalized on November 13, 2006.
- The daily views reached 2 billion in May 2010 and 3 billion in May 2011 with 48 hours of video upload per minute.
- Video uploaded on youtube per minute has increased continuously as follows-
- 48 hours video every minute in May 2011
- 60 hours video per minute in January 2012
- 100 hours video per minute in May 2013
- 300 hours video per minute in November 2014
- 400 hours video per minute in February 2017
- 500 hours video per minute in May 2019
3. YouTube Statistics on Views and Viewers including Demographics
- Over 2 billion logged-in users visit Youtube each month.
- The daily watch time is more than 1 billion hours with more than one billion views
- 70% plus watch time comes from mobile devices.
- YouTube allows uploading local versions in more than 100 countries that cover over 80 languages.
- The growth rate of youtube channels with over 1 million is 65% year on year. That's huge growth.
- The number of channels with annual earnings 6 figures and 5 figures grew by around 40% and 50% respectively year on year.
- Watch time of the videos on study skills has increased more than 3x year on year.
- 74% of adults in the USA use Youtube.
- 16.4 % of the traffic of YouTube comes from the USA.
- In 2020, of the users, 55 % were male 45% were female.
- 68% of the male adults of the USA watch Youtube video
- 51% of the Youtube users watch Youtube video daily
- Youtube has 265 million active users in India.
4. YouTube Earnings and Payout Statistics
- Earning from ad revenue was $15.14 in 2020.
- It pays on average $18 per thousand ad views.
- The highest-paid Youtuber of 2020 is Ryan Kaji (a 9 years old girl from Texas) earns $29,5 million.
- Mr. Beast (Jimmy Donaldson), $24 million
- Dude Perfect, $23 million.
5. Vlogging Statistics
- 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool, and 66% of business owners rank video as the most helpful form of content marketing.
- More than 44% of internet users watch vlogs each month.
- The average watch time of online videos of a user is 100 minutes a day meaning, 5 billion videos per day are watching.
- 87% of video marketers said that videos have increased the traffic to their website.
- 80% of video marketers said that videos have boosted their sales.
- 86% of total vlog content comes from YouTube creators.
6. Highlights of YouTube's recent updates
- Youtube Studio Updates-
- Copyright Policy
- Live Streaming
- Other Updates
7. YouTube Shorts, The New Way to Create and Watch YouTube Video - Facts and Statistics
In Which market?
What is YouTube Shorts?
- enabling the creators and artists to make and publish high-quality content from anywhere in the world via utilizing the incredible power of smartphones.
- helping the YT users by providing bite-sized content to inform and entertain in their spare minutes of the day.
''That’s why we’re excited to announce that we are building YouTube Shorts, a new short-form video experience right on YouTube for creators and artists who want to shoot short, catchy videos using nothing but their mobile phones.Over the next few days in India, we’re launching an early beta of Shorts with a handful of new creative tools to test this out. This is an early version of the product, but we're releasing it now to bring you — our global community of users, creators, and artists — on our journey with us as we build and improve Shorts .....''.
The daily views of ''Youtube Short'' are 3.5 Billion Now in the Beta testing Phase
Good News! Youtube has a plan to launch it in other countries of the world very soon.
"We’re now beta testing YouTube Shorts in India and we’re excited to help the next generation of mobile creators tell their stories by lowering the barriers to entry. So far, videos in our new Shorts player - which helps people around the world watch short videos on YouTube - are receiving an impressive 3.5 billion daily views! We’re looking forward to expanding Shorts to more markets this year".
8. YouTube's Priorities in 2021
- Gaming Content
- YT watch time
- Total Daily Live Streams
- Participation of New Channel in YPP in 2020-A100% Growth over last year
- Payout to creators
- Contribution to the US GDP In 2019
- Approximately $16 billion to the US GDP, equivalent to support of 345000 full-time jobs.
- Around £1.4 billion contributed to the British GDP, the equivalent of 30,000 full-time jobs.
- Around €515 million contributed to the French GDP, the equivalent of 15,000 full-time jobs.
The following are the key points to be given priority:
- Creator Economic Growth
- Living up to YouTube's responsibilities
- Helping People Learn New Skills
- Building The Future Of Youtube
- Policy Transparency
- Additional Sources of Revenue
- Supporting the Success of Creators.
9. The Most Popular YouTube Channels as of January 2021
- Youtube Movies-131 million
- Music-114 million
- PewDiePie -108 million
- Cocomelon-Nursery Rhymes-103. Set India (94.5 million) is very close to them.
10. Ten Most Viewed Videos as of February 2021
- Baby Shark Dance- 7.91 billion views
- Despacito-7.20billion views
- Shape of You-5.18 billion views
- See You Again-4.96 billion views
- John Johny Yes Pappa-4.77 billion views
- Masha and the Bear-4.41 billion views
- Uptown Funk-4.09 billion views
- Gangnam Style-3.97 billion views
- Learning Colors-3.69 billion views
- Bath Song-3.64 billion views.