Mind-Blowing Fresh Blogging Stats You Should Know.
If you're looking for the current blogging statistics for 2021, this is the right place. Going through the mind-blowing stats on blogs, bloggers, and blogging will help build a solid content marketing strategy.
I've compiled here the latest facts, current statistics, and new blogging trends.
Blogging is not merely an online diary today. Business houses wisely use blogs for lead generation, customer creation, education, and retention.
It is an effective and powerful tool to reach the global audience and to influence and engage them.
This article would help you make a dynamic plan to create the best content, publish on the right platform at the right time, and promote your content in the right way to succeed.
Blogging Statistics 2021
Why should you know about ''Blogging Statistics''?
''Statisticians offer critical guidance in producing trustworthy analyses and predictions. Along the way, statisticians can help investigators avoid a wide variety of analytical traps''.
In this extra-long content, I cover the recent statistics about business blogging 2021 that includes the following: 👇
Words: 4000+ Reading Time: 14 min 50 sec
- The number of blogs and blog posts statistics
- Blogging Platforms statistics
- Blogging goals statistics
- Headlines/Titles statistics
- Blog Posts length statistics
- Content format statistics
- Visual content Statistics
- Blog Posts writing duration statistics
- Content Posting-Frequency statistics
- Blog traffic statistics
- User's behaviour statistics
- SEO statistics
- Guest blogging statistics
- Blog Earning Statistics
- Blogging link statistics
- Blogging ranking statistics
- Voice search statistics
- Local search statistics
- Mobile Optimization statistics
- Most Successful Blog
- Top 3 Indian Bloggers 2021(monthly income $50,000 plus)
- Miscellaneous Blogging Statistics
- The New Blogging Trends
- Bloggers Challenging factors
- Final Thought.
1. Number of Blogs and Blog Posts Statistics
How many blogs are there in the world and How many posts are published daily?
In 1999, there were only 23 blogs in the world and now the number of blogs is in hundreds of millions.
As of today, Over 600 million blogs are there out of 1.83 billion websites in the world, which means more than 1/3rd of the websites are blogs. The notable point is that the number is increasing continuously.
Every year 2.5 billion blog posts are being published. That means the average number of blog posts published each day is more than 6.9 million.
2. Blogging Platforms Statistics
If you want to start a new blog, you should understand how to choose the best blogging platform. There are several blogging platforms from which to choose the best one that's a difficult task.
Which one is right for you depends on the purpose of starting your blogging and many more factors. The following information may help you choose the right platform.
Tumblr, WordPress, Blogger(aka Blogspot), Wix, Squarespace, and Medium are the market leaders.
FirstsiteGuide found the following activities of different platforms-
WordPress – 75 million sites
Tumblr – 510 million blog accounts
Blogger (Blogspot) – 657,000 blogs
Wix stats – 180 million users
Squarespace stats – 2.5 million websites
3. Blogging Goals Statistics
- Brand Awareness- 82%
- Lead Generation-74%
- For improving customer acquisition-71%
- For establishing thought leadership-68%
- For customer engagement-57%
- For driving traffic-57%.
4. Headlines/Titles Statistics
- 58% of bloggers craft 2 to 3 headlines before finalising one. (Orbitmedia)
- Titles with 6-13 words attract the highest amount of traffic and most consistently.
- Headlines that include the word “photo(s)” performed 37% better than headlines without this word. (Hubspot)
- Keeping your headline within 6-8 words can increase your CTR by 21%(Optinmonster).
- 36% of people prefer list-based headlines. (ConversionXL)
- Odd-numbered listicle headlines outperform even ones by 20%. Headlines with eight words received a 21% higher click-through rate than average. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Emotional headlines get shared more. (OkDork)
- Headlines with colon or hyphen get 9% more CTR. (Socialmediaexaminer)
- Titles with negative words perform 30% better than the average, and 50% better than headlines with positive words. (Growth Badger)
5. Blog Post Length Statistics
- Short (less than 1,000 words) – 39,136
- Medium (between 1,000-2,000 words) – 10,688
- Long (between 2,000-3,000 words) – 1,868
- Extra Long (more than 3,000 words) – 1,202.
- 55% of bloggers write blog posts with an average word count of fewer than 1000 words.
- 20% of bloggers write blog posts with an average word count of 1500 plus.
- Majority of bloggers' opinion is content with word count 2000 plus gives a great result.
|High-performance content with 3000 plus words. Image Credit- Firstsite Guide.|
6. Content Formats Statistics
- The top 3 content formats published in 2019 are-
- how to articles-77%
- news and trends-49%
- guides and ebooks-47%
- Content with images gets 94% more views compared to text content.
- 71% of bloggers use visual content as part of their content marketing. strategy
- 19% of bloggers use video in their blog posts.
7. Visual Content Statistics
- Content with visuals can get 94% more views than content without visuals.
- 71% of bloggers use visuals as part of their contentment marketing strategy.
- Video content is 50x more likely to drive organic traffic compared to text content.
- 43% of consumers prefer to get video content from digital marketers.
- 32% of bloggers say visuals forms of content are essential for their business.
- stock photo 40%
- original graphics 34%
- videos and presentation 14%
- charts and data visuals 8%.
8. Blog Posts Writing Duration Statistics
- The average writing time of blog articles has been increasing consistently year after year and settled near 4 hours.
- Bloggers spent around 4 hours writing a blog post in 2019 and 2020. Investment of time in writing a blog post has increased 65% over the last 5 years.
9. Blog Content Posting-Frequency Statistics
- As per statistics, the businesses that post 16 or more articles get 3.5x more traffic compared to those who publish less than 4 posts/ month.
- 44% of bloggers publish 3-6 blog posts per month.
10. Blog Traffic Statistics
- 55% of bloggers say driving traffic is their primary goal.
- Publishing 24-51 articles can boost traffic by 30%.
- Publishing more than 51 posts can increase traffic further up to 77%.
- According to Hubspot, content with a word count of 2250-2500 gets more traffic.
- Blog posts with 6-13 words headlines can attract the most traffic.
- 76% of bloggers measure their success based on organic traffic.
11. User's Behaviour Statistics
- 77% of internet users read blog posts regularly.
- The readers spent 37 seconds (average) reading a blog post with a word count of 1151.
- Nearly 63% of users consider blogs with multiple authors trustworthy.
- 36% of readers like to read articles with list-based headlines.
- 43% of readers have a habit of skimming blog posts.
- 36% of readers find a blog post with case studies as credible.
12. SEO Statistics
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- 60% of clicks go to the top three websites in search engine pages.
- The search engine market share of Google is 92.04%. (Wikipedia)
- 44% of marketers say creating quality blog posts is their biggest challenge. (Inc)
- The average length of top-ranking content is 1140-1285 words. (BetterMarketing)
- up to 80% of searches ignore sponsored post favouring organic content.
- 95% of users never go past the first page of Google's SERP.
- Half of the search queries are 4 words or longer.
- 83% of bloggers do keyword research, and 26% of them do it for every article.
- 17% of bloggers never do keyword research.
- 34% of bloggers use the analytics of each blogpost (Expresswriters).
- Frequency of checking analytics as of September 2019- 32% say always, 26% say usually, 26% say occasionally, and the rest say never or rarely. (Statista)
13. Guest Blogging Statistics
- 60% of bloggers engage in writing 1-5 guest posts per month.
- 3% of bloggers write more than 100 guest posts.
- 79% of editors report guest posts are too promotional.
- The demand for guest content is higher in summer.
- 6% of bloggers use most of their original blog content as guest posts.
14. Blog Earning Statistics
- HuffPost: $41.67 million/ per month
- Engadget: $3.96 million per month
- Moz: $3.74 million per month
- PerezHilton: $3.44 million per month
- Copyblogger: $2.75 million per month
- Mashable: $2.5 million per month
- TechCrunch: $1.87 million per month.
Most popular ads network
- Adsense – no monthly minimum page views are required to apply.
- Sovrn – no monthly minimum page views are required to apply.
- Adthrive – a minimum of 100,000 monthly page views is required to apply.
- Mediavine – at lear 25,000 monthly page views are required to apply.
15. Blogging Link Statistics
- Google Ranking#1 page get 3.8x more backlinks compared to the page ranked in 2nd or 3rd position,
- 75% of all webpage have no external links
- Listicle articles are the highest backlink gainers compared to others.
- Long-form content with 3000 plus words gets more backlinks compared to articles with below 3000 words.
- 23% of social media posts now include a link to a blog post
16. Blog Ranking StatisticsRanking on Google is a common goal of bloggers. Apart from quality content, there are over 200 Google ranking factors. You should focus on the most important factors.
- 60% of the sites that rank top 10 are over 3 years old.
- Among the pages published in the first year, the probability of appearing in the top 10 of Google search nearly 6%.
- 92.96% of global traffic is generated by Google (Google search, image, and map).
- 69.7% of the searches are four words or more.
- 90.63% of pages fail to generate organic traffic from Google.
- Fast loading pages have a greater probability of ranking than slow-loading pages.
- Pages with lower bounce rates rank higher in Google search than with a higher bounce rate.
- Exact match anchor texts influence search ranks.
17. Voice Search Statistics
- 52% of the users keep their voice speaker in the living room, 25% in the bedrooms, and 22% in their kitchens.
- 72% of voice speaker owners use their devices as an integral part of their daily lives.
- 70.4% of voice search results come from HTTPS sites.
- The average voice search phrase contains 4.2 words against 3.2 words for the text search.
- The best voice search ranks come from the high authority(DA) sites, with strong link structures.
- Mobile queries include 20% of voice searches.
18. Local Search Statistics
- ''where to buy'' and ''near me'' have grown by over 200% in the past two years.
- 60% of smartphone users have contacted a business directly using the search results such as the "click to call” option.
- 50% of users who perform a local search on their smartphone visit a physical store within one day.
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps.
- 80% - 90% of shoppers read online reviews before buying a product.
- 72% of consumers who perform a local search visit a store within 5 miles of their current location.
19. Mobile Optimization Statistics
- As of 2020, video accounts for 63% of mobile traffic. (Smart Insights)
- 58% of users use a mobile device for Google searches. (Search Engine Land)
- 87% of smartphone owners daily use search engines. (SMA Marketing)
- 39% of smartphone users are more likely to browse or shop using a brand’s mobile app since it’s easier or faster to make a purchase.
- 60% of smartphone users have contacted a business directly using the local search results such as the "click to call" button.
20. Most Successful Blog
Most successful blog in the world- (life and politics)
Huffington Post is the most successful blog in the world, founded by Arianna Huffington in 2005.
The monthly earning from this blog is $41660,000, and the estimated monthly visitors are 131.7 million.
Source: Blog Learners Point
21. Top 3 Indian Bloggers 2021(monthly income $50,000 plus)
Name of Blogger website estimated income/month
1. Amit Agarwal labnol.org $60,000
2. Harsh Agarwal shoutmeloud.com $52,434
3. Faisal Farooqui mouthshut.com $50,000
22. Miscellaneous Blogging Statistics
2. Harsh Agarwal shoutmeloud.com $52,434
3. Faisal Farooqui mouthshut.com $50,000
- 90% of users say they leave a website because due to bad design. (Bloggingwizard)
- By the end of 2021, the content marketing industry is expected to be $412 bn. (MTA)
- In 2019, companies with blogs received 13X more ROI than companies without blogs (HubSpot).
- Spending on marketing automation tools is expected to reach $25.1 billion annually by 2023. (Optinmonster)
- 97% of bloggers use social media to promote their content. (Techjury)
According to Marketpath,
- Blogs have been rated the 5th most trusted source for accurate online information
- Pageviews, likes/ shares, and readers' engagement are the top 3 metrics considered by business blogs.
- 77 million readers make new blog comments per month.
- Only 38% of bloggers are updating older articles.
- 34% of bloggers say they get strong results via updating content.
- 70% by traffic
- 38% on social shares
- 31% on backlinks.
- Approximately 200 million people have an ad blocker installed.
- Blog posts are the best kind of content shared on Twitter
- Women share more blog posts than men.
23. The New Blogging Trends
- Super high-quality content
- Long-form content
- Visual content
- Data-driven content
- Visual search
- Voice search
- Passages ranking.
24. Bloggers Challenging factors
- Finding time for content creation and promotion -52% of bloggers
- Getting enough traffic -47% of bloggers
- Creating high-quality content consistently -38% of bloggers
- Creating adequate content -32% of bloggers
- Bringing relevant topics -19% of bloggers.
25. Final Thoughts
- Do keyword research before creating content
- Create quality content with 3000 plus words
- Add a few images and embed videos
- Keep your articles updated
- Publish 3-4 articles per week.
- Promote your content regularly.