The Impact of Google Passage Ranking on Your Pages.
- What's Passage Ranking?
- The Purposes of Passage Ranking?
- What will Google passage ranking looks like in SERP?
- Passage Ranking or Passage Indexing?
- How Does Passage Ranking Works?
- Will the new bloggers get benefit from it?
- Is passage ranking is similar to the featured snippet?
- Impact of Passage Ranking
- Which algorithms can identify the relevant passages?
- Summary of Facts of Passage Ranking
- Google Passage Rankings Updates
- Final Thoughts
What's Passage Ranking?
What are the Purposes of Passage Ranking?
''We’ve made tremendous progress over the past 22 years, making Google Search work better for you every day. With recent advancements in AI, we’re making bigger leaps forward in improvements to Google than we’ve seen over the last decade, so it’s even easier for you to find just what you’re looking for''.
''...We’ve recently made a breakthrough in ranking and are now able to better understand the relevancy of specific passages. By understanding passages in addition to the relevancy of the overall page, we can find that needle-in-a-haystack information you’re looking for. This technology will improve 7 percent of search queries across all languages as we roll it out globally''.
So the ultimate goal of passage ranking is to improve the search results.
What will Google passage ranking looks like in SERP?
Is it Passage Ranking or Passage Indexing?
How Does Passage Ranking Works?
- meaning of blog commenting
- types of comments
- importance of blog commenting
- the relevance of blog commenting
- modern techniques of blog commenting
- and so on.
- modern techniques of blog commenting
Will the new bloggers get benefit from it?
Is passage ranking is similar to the featured snippet?
Impact of Passage Ranking
''Looking at all the languages, when you consider the fact that they look at billions and billions of searches per day, this is a significant impact and can either help a lot of sites or maybe even hurt sites that don't have the specific answers to their users' problems''.
Which algorithms can identify the relevant passages?
What should you do for passage optimization?
Google's Martin Splitt said SEOs or webmasters have to do nothing about it as it is a small internal change.
Here is the significant quote of Martin Splitt.
“It is just a smaller change where we try to help those who are not necessarily familiar with SEO or how to structure the content or a content strategy because lots of people end up creating these long-winded pages that are having a really hard time ranking for anything really because everything is so diluted in this long-form content”.
Google will never tell you about the individual ranking factors. If you understood the goal of launching passage ranking, you've got the hints of what to do.
Search queries relevant passages will now rank even if the rest of your content is not well-optimized- Does it mean no need to have SEO-optimized content?. Nope!
If you're thinking of focussing entirely on passages, ignoring On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO, you're still in confusion. Go to read again ''indexing vs ranking''.
Before ranking on SERPs, Google indexes your pages. To get your page indexed, you need to focus on SEO. Otherwise, Google may not index your page.
The hidden truth is the passage of a non-indexed page will not appear on the result page of Google.
Suppose you have a passage in poorly optimized content that is relevant to a specific search query.
Now, compare it with well-established, SEO-optimized content with the relevant passage.
Which one will rank? Of course, the second.
So, you have to go the extra mile to grab the benefits of search ranks.
After the rollout of Youtube Shorts in India (beta) and its positive response, the rollout of Google passage in the USA in English is undoubtedly another exciting news.
- Header Tags
- Long-Form Content
- Single Topic
- Shorts within the long
- Updating content
- If your site contains thin content, convert them into long pieces.
- If your site contains pages with ordinary titles, convert them into compelling titles.
- If the existing articles are not structured properly, do it.
- If you don't have long-tail keywords, insert a few. Start from keyword research and insert some LSI keywords.
- If existing pages have lack internal and external links, update them.
Summary of Facts of Passage Ranking
- Passage ranking was announced by Google in October 2020.
- The Purpose of passage rank is to identify relevant passages buried within your pages.
- Webpages that have poorly structured content will benefit.
- It will help webpages that aren't SEO-optimized well.
- As these are small internal changes, it needs little or no effort on the part of webmasters.
- Once the worldwide rollout is complete, passage ranking will affect 7% of search queries.
- Apart from other factors, passage ranking helps Google understand the context and relevance of the page.
- If you create long-form content with several subheadings, you can grab the benefits of it.
- Google will not index individual passages. The Crawler will index the whole page as before.